Saturday 17 November 2012

Today's Outfit


Now i'm not a fan of lace at all. Most of the time I feel high street lace just looks cheap and tacky. I was brought this lace top last christmas and have only worn it once since then. Having a major wardrobe crisis this morning, I thought 'sod it i'll wear something I haven't worn in a while', then I saw this sad little number screwed up in the corner under my 'tops I never wear' pile. Yes I actually have a pile for tops I don't wear. I know, why not throw them out? I have an attachment issue.

Anyway. I actually love the colour. I'm all for plain coloured, textured pieces and this top encompasses all of these qualities. I'd preferably wear in the evening with a silk bralet I own in a similar cream colour, however being in the studio today I have to be presentable. I opted for a white vest, which i'm not so keen on (I couldn't find my fitted cotton tee), but feel it creates a casual feel under the lace.

Obviously not having a girly style myself, I 'edged' the outfit up with my silver beaten collar necklace, tied my hair up, and wore with my ankle boots, and standard leather details.
Then I came across this topshop 3/4 length coat. This A/W 2012, coats have all been about clean silhouettes with stand out details, and although a little plain, the big collar and tailored fit is a perfect compliment piece for my current wardrobe. This coat I actually brought 6 years ago. I wore it to school. It was my school coat. *You get it* Back then I hated it with a passion, but being wool, my mum wouldn't let me throw it away. And am I glad of this now!

I would love to know your opinion because I still 50/50 on the lace top and coat. I guess today is a recycled outfit! How would you style the top for day and evening, and would you wear this coat? Let me know!






Lace Top, French Connection, Last Fall Season. Leather Panel Leggings, ZARA, £24.99. Beaten Necklace, Topshop £2.50. Wool Coat, Very Old Topshop!

4 comments:

  1. I like the top and they way you made it more edgy with the necklace (love it!) Oh you're not the only one, I also have a pile of shirts I rarely wear ^.^
    x Mariana | http://goingteen.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfection! love the lace with the subtle touches of leather!

    Jess xo

    www.mingbodyshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit again!

    that coat is perfect to throw over a cocktail dress for a few drinks I need to invest in a coat because I live in my leather jacket! Would love to know what you think of my coat post!

    http://bootandbirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous outfit ... and gorgeous you!!

    ReplyDelete